James, P.A., Oparil, S., Carter, B. L., Cushman, W. C., Dennison-Himmelfard, C., Handler, J., … Ortiz, E. (2014). Evidence-based guideline for the management of high blood pressure in adults: (JNC8). Journal of the American Medical Association, 311(5), 507-20. Retrieved from https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/1791497
Clinical Practice Guideline (CPG) Instructions:
Disease & Background Student:
1) Identifies the disease condition
2) Gives a brief statement of incidence and prevalence in the US
3) The student briefly summarizes the disease pathophysiology and
4) Identifies the typical clinical presentation seen in a patient with the disease (4 critical elements).
· Exceptional- Student identifies the disease topic AND Student states the incidence and prevalence in the US AND Student provides a pathophysiology statement AND Student states the typical clinical presentation seen in a patient with the disease.
Publication & Applicability in Primary Care The student:
1) Identifies the author, organization or group that developed the CPG,
2) Student denotes the year of the original guideline publication,
3) Student identifies any subsequent revisions (student’s reference should be the most recent version), and
4) Student discusses the applicability for use of this CPG in the primary care setting (4 critical elements).
· Exceptional- Student presents a maximum of 5 relevant recommendations AND Student denotes the evidence strength for EACH recommendation AND Student discusses ONLY the ones applicable to primary care
Application in Clinical
1) Using an example of a patient from their clinical rotation with the same condition,
2) Student discusses how the diagnosis and treatment of their patient compared to the recommendations given in the guidelines, and
3). Specific examples of what was done well or what could have been done better is noted (3 critical elements).
· Exceptional- The student uses a patient example from their clinical setting with the same condition AND The student discusses how the diagnosis & treatment of their patient compared to those recommended in the guideline AND Specific examples are given on what was done well or what could have been done better (Make a patient up for this part)
Please use scholarly sources only** years 2014-2019**. NO SOURCES before 2014!!
Please use proper grammar, punctuation, citation. Also Provide a PowerPoint Transcript.
Thank you in advance.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more