READ THE TEXT AND ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS AT THE BOTTOM IN DETAIL!
1. What is your assessment of Costco’s business model? (a) Does the company have a compelling Customer Value Proposition? (b) Does the company have a viable Profit Formula? Justify your responses.
2. What are the chief elements of Costco’s Strategy?
3. What core values and business principles did Jim Sinegal stress at Costco?
4. What is competition like in the North American wholesale club industry? Which of the five competitive forces is strongest and why? NOTE: Use the information in Figures 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8 (and related discussion in Chapter 3 and the related Instructor’s Note to analyze competition in the industry.
5. Use the VRIN Tests (Chapter 4 and related Instructor’s Note) to assess the competitive strength of three (3) different resources or capabilities of the company. Which of them seem to have the potential to support and sustain a competitive advantage?
6. On which of the five generic strategies (Chapter 5 and related Instructor’s Note) is Costco’s basic competitive approach based?Use facts from the Case to justify and support your answer.
7. Describe three (3) strategic actions Costco employed to complement its basic competitive approach and maximize the power of its basis competitive approach (Chapter 6 and related Instructor’s Note)?
8. Insights Gained: Describe at least three (3) ways in which your understanding of business strategy and the strategy management process was enhanced as the result of having completed the questions
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more