For stage 1, you will create a timeline of your life using five specific artifacts of technology. At least two should be non-digital (a tool, musical instrument, appliance, non-digital electronic device, a form of transportation, etc.). You will then write a concluding paragraph that reflects on the overall impact of these technologies on your personal experiences and development.
For your timeline, please do the following:
1. Select five specific artifacts of technology that have impacted you throughout your life, and find a picture of each.
2. Arrange your pictures in a chronological timeline by associating each picture with a specific age or time in your life.
3. Write a title for each picture that includes:
1. The name of the technology
2. The year you first used the technology
3. Your age at the time
4. Write a 3-5 sentence caption for each picture that describes how that specific technology influenced your experiences and self-identity at that time in your life. When writing your captions, you might consider these questions: Did you have an emotional connection to this particular technology? Why? How did this technology shape your self-conception? Your relationship with others? How did this technology affect your thoughts about yourself and the world?
5. Compose a concluding paragraph of about 7-10 sentences that reflects on how these forms of technology impacted your personal development. Some questions to consider include: Would you be the same person you are today without this technology? Did any of the technologies covered change you during a specific time of your life? Describe how technology, in general, is a part of who you are based on the artifacts you included in this assignment?
6. Provide MLA citations for each image at the end of your timeline.
Martin, M. Photograph of Brother AX 28, Typewriter Museum, . Accessed 24 April 2019.
Submit this as a Word document with embedded images. Your images should appear in chronological order with the name and caption under each image. Your concluding paragraph should be at the end. Your captions and final paragraph’s text should be typed, double-spaced, and use a common 12 pt. font like Times New Roman or Calibri.
Sample Timeline Entry
this is your image
this is your title—–> Brother AX 28 Typewriter, 1989 high school
this is your caption—–> This typewriter had spell check and a small digital screen to type a sentence and check it before the typewriter printed it. I wrote all of my senior year papers on this typewriter, and it made editing so much easier. I had liked to write but always wanted to edit my papers after I typed them, which was difficult with a manual typewriter, so I ended up feeling discouraged sometimes. My concept of writing was changed by this typewriter when I was introduced to digital editing, and I even ended up studying creative writing later and still write today. This typewriter encouraged my conception of myself as a writer.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more