I'm working on a information technology test / quiz prep and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
1. How is a data mining different from a database?
2. Present an example where data mining is crucial to the success of a business.
3. Explain the difference and similarity between discrimination and classification, between characterization and clustering, and between classification and regression
4. Describe three challenges to data mining a regarding data mining methodology and user interaction issue.
5. Outline the major research challenge of data mining in one specific application domain, such as stream/sensor data analysis, spatiotemporal data analysis, or bioinformatics.
6. Briefly outline how to compute the dissimilarity between objects described by the following:
(a) Nominal attributes
(b) Binary attributes
(c) Numeric attribues
7. Briefly outline how to compute the visualization techniques described by the following:
(c) Parallel coordinates
8. Define what is the data preprocessing and explain four steps.
9. In real-world data, tuples with missing values for some attributes are a common occurrence. Describe various methods for handling this problem.
10. Briefly outline the normalization methods and show an example.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more